FluencyCoach helps people who stutter control their stuttering, increase their confidence level, and immidiatelly improve their speech in even the most challenging situations, such as public speaking or when making a phone call. When used regularly for autonomous at home practice or in conjunction with speech therapy, FluencyCoach will produce significant carry-over fluency, permenantly improving users' speech.
The software uses altered auditory feedback technology to simulate the effect of "choral speech" (speaking simultaneously with another person), known for years to promote fluency in individuals afflicted by various dysfluencies and has been particularly successful in treating stuttering.
The delayed auditory feedback (DAF) and frequency-shifted auditory feedback (FAF), both implemented in FluencyCoach, are the most effective types of altered auditory feedback for treating stuttering. The effect of DAF basically amounts to hearing your voice with a slight delay after speaking, like an echo. FAF changes the pitch of your voice, lower or higher, enhancing the illusion of another voice speaking along with you. Both, DAF and FAF, each reduce stuttering aproximatelly 70%, immediately, without training, speech therapy, mental effort, or abnormal-sounding speech, and has been demonstrated to produce significant carry-over fluency. Combining DAF and FAF reduces stuttering over 80%.
Capitalizing upon the immediate effects of altered auditory feedback, FluencyCoach can be used as a standalone speech aid helping you achieve fluency in any situation. Furthermore, to facilitate production of carry-over fluency, FluencyCoach can be used for autonomous stuttering treatment or in conjunction with a stuttering therapy.
License for use and distribution
FluencyCoach is distributed as try-before-you-buy. This means:
1. All copyrights to FluencyCoach are exclusively owned by the author - FluencyCoach.
2. Anyone may use this software during an evaluation period of 48 hours. Following this evaluation period of 48 hours or less, if you wish to continue to use FluencyCoach, you must purchase it.
3. Once purchased, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use FluencyCoach. The licensed FluencyCoach software may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to terms of this license.
4. The FluencyCoach trial version may be freely distributed, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of FluencyCoach without written permission from the copyright holder.
5. FLUENCYCOACH IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
6. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by FluencyCoach.
7. Installing and using FluencyCoach signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
8. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove FluencyCoach files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.